Sometime people say things to you once and twice and you still don't get it until it occurs to you:
Vickie said to us ,"You are developing the learner. "
I realized I don't see my students as "people" or "bodies" with stereotypes around them. To me these people are pure constructs of their learning. I don't see the classroom misbehavior. I don't see their skin color, their clothes, their social class. Honestly some of them I don't even know if they are male or female.
To me they are truly only learners. Our relationship is based on teaching only. It's really not until I got here that I realized how much of a teachers' relation with their students is NOT about the learning but the conflicts and judgments that come from both parties.
Teacher waist so much learning time to misbehavior and power struggles. It's ridiculous!
Online teaching has ruined me. I could never go back to discipline classroom management oh and grading papers I mean the paper ones.
Ahhh learning in the new world.
No comments:
Post a Comment