I need a new word for my parents. Because in my teaching world they are parents, co-workers, and people I supervise ( supervisees). They are teachers I mentor. Co-workers I can educational decision with. Learning guide is term the program uses but it does not have meaning to the outside world. It needs defintion. I need a word that when outsiders hear it they will say Ahhh I get it.
I build out of parent-teacher-collague. "Par-teach -ah league " I think I like that.
I find this this role I am more intensely connected to my parents. The relationship is more like a rocky collague dynamic then iint the traditional role. Tension comes from unknown our role borders of the roles.
The tension can come from my invasion into their homeschooling world. The tension can come from their resistant to do their job as a Learning Guide or to share personal information that greatly impacts the learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment