Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

not about on line teaching but geeked about my new toy!!

So I have always maintained the Ipad is not quite the creation device. It's a consumption device. Reading the web books shopping. Not really taking notes.

I also totally believe the mouse is dead. I said that when the first Ipad came out.

There are new window machines with touch screens and the windows8 operating system is a touch based system. But those new laptops with touch screens are 700+ to 1000. And the hardware is nothing special. Nothing i could game on. that proves the mouse is dead and is a creation device.


sooooo all that added up I got a new ipad four. The retain is beautiful. But the creation barrier is gone due to the new case/keyboard I got. It's a chiclet or island keyboard. It's much faster then the spongey soft rubber one I had. The speed is there and the size in not an issue for me.

So 600+ for the 32 GB and 100+ for the Zag case with keyboard. Same price as the laptops but I have all my apps and reading books in a small size.

My goal is paperless for the next term. Google drive will greatly help.
My issues are
how to download something straight to google drive. I installed it on my PC so I solved that problem on the PC. Now I just have to get around it on the ipad.
printing - google drive will solve
writing report - still using the PC for the really heavy lifting. But definately lifting more with less ( less paper and less size on the ipad)

geek geek happy happy joy joy

No comments:

Post a Comment