May 15th
At this point the year I did not expect to be surprised but this week it did happen.
Rachel has a mother who has blown up many times over very small things. I think the heart of the matter is that she is the teacher and she believes that everything her children turn it is 100%. I have noticed the math tests seem already checked. Which is possibly OK - depending on the process. But this week Rachel cited her mother as a source in a research paper. I just had to laugh because in Rachel's world Mom is the gospel. And then I have to be careful about how to redirect that .
Jonathan is a new student from a district. He is in the better than nothing bucket. He sent me a web mail messaging " i dont know what do to. i am going to throw this computer thru the wall. i would rather go to jail" The intensity of this message surprised me.
Nushare is a 8th graded who is lat least six moths behind. His mother sent me a webmail because she wants to send him to a NASA summer camp. They want to see his grades and did a teacher recommendation. She requested a report card and let me know that I will need to write the letter. I had to very carefully respond that his time might be better spent making progress in the grade so he can be promoted.
No comments:
Post a Comment