As we plan for the roll out of Chromebooks, I am realizing we are getting more than just Chromebooks. We are getting the resources of Google. Now this is not new to me. Google Docs was a life saver when I taught Language Arts in a high school that had internet but no toner or paper. It was a digital school without intention - but that's another story. I also have used Google Sites for about five years - again another post.
There's always the things you know. The real innovation happens in the things you don't know. I planned on training the teachers about what a Chromebook is. Most know Google Docs, but if they don't - I would support that. I have a prezi ready.
What I did not think about is the wrap around benefits. Teacher sites on Google Sites. Using Google Site to teach the web site class. Google Forums for clubs.Google Apps for educational games and teaching. There were many wish list items for last year that Google will give us. I am really looking forward to using the full power of Google in Education.
No comments:
Post a Comment