A good leader is collaborative and raises all the people on their team to a higher level. They are not competitive. I think good leaders rise to the top through hard work, ethnics, and supporting others. They do not rise by stepping on others. Maybe it's the nature of our business but our best leaders are teachers to adults and children alike.
My philosophy of education is that education is a tool to create happy healthy adults as they define it. We have all types of learners going to all types of places - not everyone goes to college. We as educators have to create learning environments that allow for as many students as possible to be successful.
Most of my work has been done with special populations. Whether it has been special education, home bound, or home schooled, I have worked to those learners that seem to fit into our system the least to create success for them. I find it very rewarding.
P.S. I have looked at others posts.
@DCulberhouse coins this sense of collaboration as regifting. I love that! http://dculberh.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/the-regifting-of-leadership/
@RachelWaters posts her mission on her door. What a stage setter. And it included the statement about having fun! pic.twitter.com/8JR8uBpJFv
Such good input!
No comments:
Post a Comment