Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's official

The origianl date of this post was august 2012.


So it's official. I let my friend at my old high school know that I am leaving the school. I am going to be a teacher at an on line K-8 school. I am leaving the classroom for a different type of teaching. I am really nervous but I want to take the chance.
I am leaving a failing school. I have made some great friends there but the pay, administration and board of education were just horrible.   The community does not support education and the resources are so small. My own kids go to a school that is ranked above 90% in the state ranking. The school I worked at was rated 11%. I never realized the truth of how disadvantaged those kids are. Schools are not equal. Communities are not equal.

I am worried about:

  • leaving the classroom
  • working at home /will i get fat/ will i go stir crazy
  • will this kill my career
  • will this school continue

I'll check back with this list later.

No comments:

Post a Comment