Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Monday, March 4, 2013

technology is not the answer for everything

Today I added skype to the list of tech pieces I have.
Not that impressed. I will use it to IM Vance at work because he does not allow any other methods of communication. But it's not a tool I need. Adobe Connect is better for meetings. The sounds has less delay. You can have more then one web camera. And you can record it.

But Carol wants us to do an evaluation by skype. Another thing I am not excited about. I enjoy the face to face conversation of our last evaluation. I think these critical conversation you cannot have a tech barrier. if you must use tech, they have to add something to the conversation. Not impede it.

No comments:

Post a Comment