Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Friday, June 21, 2013

After presenting

6/21/13
Yesterday I presented twice. The second was a marketing proposal to my communication grad class. That went like butter. We just did the parent webinar I have done many times. Carol listened to me do this once and called me afterward to say good job. If I can pass that bar, 700 level classes are no big!

But the first presentation was to the Birmingham Schools Learning Conference. That was a big deal. I was amazed at how many people I saw that I knew. I even ran into old friends from quilting, Barb Pepper. People from Madison. I sat with the new principal. Many people from Rochester  including one that has a job posted. She said they had over qualified people applying. So that was sad. Moz said hi to me and I was not even sure he knew who I was.

 I asked Carol if I was allowed to present in March. When I wrote the proposal I was really sure of the vision.  Reflecting on this I could have written a better description. Many people in the presentation were looking for pieces to use in their practice. Our practice is so very different I am not sure they will get what they wanted.

The keynote speakers were really good. They were validating. Which means we are doing most of what they were talking about. They talked about gameification and project based learning.

I would like to present again. Better description same prezi.

No comments:

Post a Comment