Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

chromebooks

So the Chromebooks have gone out. I knew there was a problem with the spelling tests that use quick time but now there is a bigger problem. The printers they gave the Chromebook user do not have a feeder to create a many page PDF. There was a reason they did this. I have not bee ntold why. I think it may be that many printers are not cloud printers. 
Tech has a solution. 
1. scan all the page can be up to 20 with the email options
2. go to the gmail and download the  all the pages
3. upload all the pages to PDF merger app
4.merger pdf
5. download to chromebooks
6. upload to dropbox

my concerns are :
it's really hard to get all the pieces of a dropbox test to begin with
There are many many steps
I think this would be 30 to 45 minutes of  time from when the student is done taknig the test to uploading. 
We are opening gmail. I do not want to have another email system involved.

I told Carol my concerns. But I did not want to "rat out" tech. I am just looking at the barriers to student achievement. This is creating one. 

And floating in the back of my mind is the situation the WAY program teachers are in where their program sunsets at the end of the year. 

Stay tuned....... 

No comments:

Post a Comment