Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Friday, September 20, 2013

dealing with of the day

9/20/13
This week I was in interview to replace our project assistant which in some people's mind is just the   sectary  of the elementary school. First of all is there really just a secretary And she is sooo much more. Yes she does enrollment, section placement and ordering courseware but she also knows the systems and reports needed. 
It was enlightening. I totally understand why my application when NOWHERE for this school year. I almost consider it a gift that Carol over looked the flaws in may application to this program. Next year with my Ed. Specialist done, I really want to make a move. My first choice is in this program working with Carol. My second choice is OS. My third choice is "other". But I need to make a move. 

And then there are the other things happening this week. 
the Chromebook users were given printers that do not allow them to make multiple scans of PFDs. It's a huge problem. And I have not heard why. It could be because these printers were cloud printers. But the solution from tech is really not solution for the end user. I am all about tech. But we really have to consider ease of use to our families. I am very concerned their solution will be a barrier to student achievement. Which is utter critical.

Then I am learning about "Eid al Adhar" (forgive me) a muslim holiday on 10/15 - which is MEAP testing dates!!!! One family asked me if the girl and boys could test separately, because of religious reasons. The MEAP accommodations do not take that into consideration. Also they will not be able to attend testing on a holiday. How rude. It's like the state mandating testing on Christmas. I really need an open minded muslim I can ask many stupid questions too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment