Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Connecting

I am starting a new program at OU and a brand new program/job/school. I am noticing the building of relationship. In both classes and at work, we are doing "true colors" type of self assessment. I do not find it uniting. I do find value in the introspection factor.

Rather then talk about what divides us into different types, I would rather do connecting activities. The group resume we did at VLAC was team building.

My Idea:
I would like to develop a bubble map connection builder. With areas to write your features then draw circles to connect. Each person takes a different marker and answer the questions. If your word is already there, just circle it. If you feel your answer connects to another answer then draw a line to it.  This would be a do not talk activity. Then we would talk it out.

Places I have worked
Communities I have lived in
Hobbies/Interest I have
words that describe me

No comments:

Post a Comment