So it's the first day of school and I am in my dead quiet house answering emails. I have spend two hours on the phone this morning. That's about all I can take. Tons of emailing.
But I miss the face to face interaction. I hope my feelings will change as the year goes on. What really used to make me feel good about being a teacher was the helping out in a crazy situation. The drama and fire fighting of special education. I feel more insulated. I love meeting people outside of my bubble like the hood kids from Detroit and the hippie teachers from Frendale. Today it's just me and my dog.
I hope this sadness passes. Because this is a much better job. It's a better curriculum and a healthier environment. I feel sad but when I think about inventing the lessons/syllabus/textbooks/everything for both functional English and Senior Project, I am glad I am here. Maybe this is the time where I need to grab the laptop and go to the OU student center. Get out in the world. Yeah I am sad about not being at Madison but I am really glad about it too! I am so complicated!
No comments:
Post a Comment