Thanks for visiting this blog. This is the story of my journey learning how to be an online k-8 teacher. Read about my first year in this position.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Hitting the wall

I think I just hit that wall when you know enough to know that you really don't know anything at all. 

we are starting our second year. This morning I tutored a student one on one online. IN the afternoon I attended a live session from a teacher in Colorado. Over all the day left me feeling terrible. I so enjoyed having morning tea with a student. I was so impressed with Amy's lesson. She was teaching math and having the student do problems. 

Meanwhile I am so behind in my grading I am scared of Carol bringing up clubs. We cannot compete with the profits dollar for dollar so we position ourselves to be a quality program. But how much quality is there in professional graders? 

Connections requires for live session a week. Colorado does two a week. Our standard was one a month last year. And honestly I do not have the time to create more quality online lessons. 

If I could create a quality program, the tests would be embedded but composition and math. I would spend one day a week doing paper work monitoring, two days a week grading and two days planning and hosting live sessions. Now it's four or more days grading. And answering emails when I can. They can learn the content from their Learning Guides and books, I want to be the thinking coach. 

Not feeling good about me as a teacher today .....

No comments:

Post a Comment